Commissioner actions – 9/18/14
DATE/TIME: September 18, 2014
CONTACT: Jeff Page, Lyon County Manager
Yerington, NV – The Lyon County Board of Commissioners took the following actions at their regular scheduled meeting:
- Approved a proclamation declaring October 19, 2014 through October 25, 2014 as Freedom from Workplace Bullies Week.
- Accepted the resignation of Mr. Brad Johnston from the Lyon County Advisory Board to Manage Wildlife, and approve advertising for a replacement member.
- Approved a contract with Desert Engineering in the amount of $19,137.00 for drainage improvements at the Justice Complex to be paid from the Public Safety Sales Tax and authorize staff to sign. The costs are being paid by the Architecture firm CRA.
- Approved the purchase of a John Deere 410 Backhoe from Pape Machinery, in Reno, for a total of $133,995.43 and approve the transfer of a 2007 backhoe from the Utilities Division to the Road Division for the trade in value of $45,000.00
- Approved 8 business licenses
- Authorized staff to enter into Task Orders with Farr West Engineering for facility plan engineering, force main design and project management services for the Carson Highlands Treatment Plant Elimination Project for an amount of $227,000.00 of which $45,000.00 is CDBG funded and approve a 15% contingency to cover unanticipated field engineering related to construction phase.
- Approved 2 Temporary Liquor License Applications
- Approved an agreement between Lyon County and Entrée Gold for Entrée Gold to maintain or pay for maintenance, including dust palliative, on a portion of Mason Pass Road in Lyon County.
- Rejected all bids for Silver Springs Taxilane Construction Project. Staff will rebid the project.